As smartphones with unibody are more and more, people have to open the back cover to see the internal structure or replace battery. Here is a tutorial on how to open the back cover of Xiaomi Mi Max and replace battery for it.
Method to open the back cover
- Kindly notice
(1) Xiaomi Mi Max has a metal chasiss, thearotically it is not allowed to open the back cover. If users open the back cover in person, it may result in free repair service under Xiaomi Warranty. So we recommend users to open the back cover after the warranty period of one year. If you don’t care about this issue or you damage it, then you have no need to think about the warranty issue.
(2) The tools to open Mi Max: Pin (comes with smartphone), sucker, crowbar, the openning knife, screw driver.
(1) Get the sim card slot out with the pin.
(2) Use to sucker to suck the screen and the pull it away from the chasiss, and then use the opening knife to kick in, and then move left and right carefully, and finally separate the back cover as shown in the following picture.
(3) Please note that there is a series of wired cable between fingerprint sensor and the motherboard. So don’t pull the back cover too forcely to avoid breaking the cables. The correct way is to put off the wired cable between the fingerprint sensor and the motherboard, then you can successfully separate the back cover, as show in the following pictures.
Now you can replace the battery for Xiaomi Mi Max.